Jonathan H. Blonstein is an associate with Ziegler, Resnick & Epstein. He has devoted his practice exclusively to the areas of Family Law, handling a variety of family law issues, including divorce, alimony, equitable distribution, child support, parenting time, custody, relocation, post-divorce matters, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, appeals, and college contribution disputes.
Mr. Blonstein serves as a member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Associations Young Lawyer’s, and as a member of the Essex, Morris, and Union County Bar Associations.
Mr. Blonstein is also a member of the Northern New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court. Mr. Blonstein successfully completed the beginner and advanced sessions of The Institute for Training Family Law Associates offered by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Prior to joining Ziegler, Resnick & Epstein, Mr. Blonstein was a partner at Weinstein Lindemann & Weinstein, A Professional Corporation. While there, Mr. Blonstein focused exclusively on matrimonial and family law, negotiating settlements, litigating matters, and developing contacts throughout courts in New Jersey.
Following his graduation from law school in 2009, Mr. Blonstein clerked for the Honorable David J. Issenman, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Union County. During law school, Mr. Blonstein held a judicial internship with the Honorable Michael L. Ravin, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Criminal Part, Essex County.
- New Jersey
- New York
- The Alimony Buy-Out: Is it Right for Your Client, New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Amended Alimony Statute, Family Law Summer Institute (2015)
- Alimony Reform, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (New Jersey, 2014 & 2015)
- Alimony: Chance in Circumstance, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (New Jersey, 2015)
- Child Support and Emancipation, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (New Jersey, 2016)
- Deviation from Child Support Guidelines, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (New Jersey, 2018)
- Albany Law School – Juris Doctor
- Union College – Bachelor of Arts in Political Science